Terms & Conditions
Smart Auto Move Inc is a registered and bonded property broker (MC#969368).
Terms & Conditions
We can not start the process of dispatching your vehicle until we have confirmed your deposit payment.
Credit Card - Credit card payment to be collected through a Smart Auto Move online booking portal or by phone by a Smart Auto Move customer registration agent.
1. Smart Auto Move Inc. agrees to have the vehicle(s) described on quotation shipped on or about the dates requested. Smart Auto Move Inc. will find a licensed Carrier (agent) to fulfill the terms and conditions of this agreement. Smart Auto Move Inc. does not guarantee any specific pickup or delivery date. Delays may occur, and Smart Auto Move Inc will not incur or be held responsible for any fees including but not limited to; Rental Car, Hotel, Airline, Storage, Compensation etc.
2. This order is subject to all terms and conditions of the Carrier’s bills of lading, copies of which are available at the office of Carrier and are incorporated herein.
3. Carrier’s responsibility begins when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at pick-up and terminates when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at delivery. Smart Auto Move Inc. must be notified, should the shipper be unavailable for pickup or delivery, and his agent must be designated at that time. If a carrier is sent out and the vehicle cannot be picked up there will be an additional $75.00 rescheduling fee.
4. Smart Auto Move Inc. hereby notifies shipper that their vehicle will be driven on and off the transporter, or to and from the transporter at the pickup or delivery site. Should the carrier be unable to access either site, this does not relieve the consignee from making a reasonable effort to meet the truck at a suitable location. In order to fully deliver your vehicle, you must be willing to travel up to 5 miles from the designated pickup or delivery point. If the shipper has placed an order through Smart Auto Move "Cities & Fares" service then the shipper is required to drop-off/pick-up their vehicle at the corresponding terminal(s).
5. All vehicles to be delivered with a balance due shall be paid by CASH, MONEY ORDER or CASHIERS CHECK ONLY (US funds). Should delivery be attempted after attempted notification (3 to 24 hours voice notification to phone numbers provided by shipper) and shipper or his agent does not have proper funds or is unavailable to receive delivery, vehicle(s) will be taken to and left at the nearest terminal at the discretion of the carrier, where shipper will have to retrieve and pay for storage or redelivery fees.
6. Smart Auto Move Inc. does not guarantee transport by any particular driver/carrier.
7. If you are shipping an inoperable vehicle, you may be required to help load and unload said vehicle at the discretion of the driver. Should vehicle(s) become inoperable during transport, $150.00 will be due at time of delivery in addition to any other money owed. It is shipper’s responsibility to make sure vehicle(s) are is in proper working condition. Problems, such as but not limited to, a dead battery, bad alternator, loose cables, etc that makes the vehicle inoperable during transport will increase the transport price by $150.00.
8. Smart Auto Move Inc. or its agents will not knowingly transport vehicles with personal or household items in the passenger or trunk compartment. Federal regulation prohibits Smart Auto Move Inc. or its agents from doing so. If such articles are shipped unbeknown to Smart Auto Move Inc. or its agents, such items become the sole responsibility or the shipper. Should damage occur in your car you will be subject to additional fees at the discretion of the transporting company. This is Federal Law and under no control of Smart Auto Move Inc.
9. Smart Auto Move Inc. or its agents will not be responsible for vandalism, acts of God (fire, flooding, hail, sandstorms, tornadoes, earthquakes) or objects flying from the road or sky during transport. Shippers should maintain their own insurance for these reasons. Enclosed transport is available at a higher price if necessary to ensure the condition of the vehicle.
10. Shipper is responsible for preparing the vehicle(s) for transport, all loose parts fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, fog lights, antennas, etc., must be removed and/or properly secured. Any part that falls off in transit is shipper’s responsibility, including damages done by said part to any and all vehicles involved.
11. If damage should occur, all money's owed for transport must be paid to initiate a claim. Damage must be noted in the proper place on the bill of lading and signed by driver and shipper, regardless of weather, or time of day. Signing the bill of lading without any notation of damage verifies that shipper or his agent has received the said vehicle in good condition and that Smart Auto Move Inc. and its agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Shipper or his agent MUST check vehicle thoroughly.
12. Smart Auto Move Inc. and its agents must also be notified of any damage by phone within 24 hours. Shipper must submit in writing a description of damage, clear pictures, and 2 estimates within 10 days of receipt of said vehicle directly to the designated carrier for any resolution to be initiated. Smart Auto Move Inc. will support you in this effort should such a problem occur, but in no way will Smart Auto Move Inc. accept responsibility for any negligence of the assigned carrier. If your vehicle is valued at a higher than market rate, we suggest you purchase a special insurance rider OR pursue the enclosed transport option.
13. Shipper specifically waives any right to Judicature of this matter at any other location. Smart Auto Move Inc. can only be liable for up to the amount of the deposit located on your quotation. In no case can Smart Auto Move Inc. be held liable for the designated carrier’s damage. Smart Auto Move Inc. will provide carriers insurance certificate and carrier information should any controversy arise.
14. If you place an order with us, you have the option to cancel anytime prior to your vehicle being assigned to a transporter you will be charged a $25.00 processing fee, the remainder of your scheduling fee will be refunded (minus transaction fees if a credit card is used for deposit). If your vehicle is booked on a transporter before you email your cancellation to email@example.com, you will forfeit the amount of the deposit. If you cancel your order prior to assignment of a Carrier you will receive a FULL refund of all monies paid to Smart Auto Move Inc minus the $25.00 processing fee. It is the goal of Smart Auto Move Inc. to only get paid if we perform the service of Auto Transport Broker. If a Carrier is assigned to your order and then you cancel your order, for any reason, a $75 fee must be paid to the Carrier for gas, logistics and lost fees. By you placing an order with Smart Auto Move Inc. you agree that Smart Auto Move Inc. has exclusive rights to post your vehicle to any internet vehicle transport load board(s) websites and acknowledge that allowing any other broker, carrier, dealer or transport company to post your vehicle to any internet vehicle transport load board website such as Central Dispatch etc, constitutes obstruction of service and you forfeit your deposit by breach of the aforementioned exclusive rights agreement. By placing an order with Smart Auto Move Inc. I understand that a "Quote" is a term used in the auto transport industry and is an estimate based on other recent transport shipments similar to mine, but is not an exact amount. Smart Auto Move will not profit or gain from any difference between my quoted rate and the final cost.
15. Smart Auto Move Inc. is a licensed and bonded Property Broker. WE are responsible for booking the shipment of cars with a licensed and insured Motor Carrier Corporation, who handle their own damage claims. It may take a few weeks to process your claim since the drivers must return to their terminals with the original Bill of Lading condition reports. Smart Auto Move Inc. does not transport your vehicle or ensure it's transport. Smart Auto Move Inc. provides the services of finding a licensed (by the Dept. of Transportation) & insured (we personally call the insurance company of the Carrier prior to dispatching the order) Auto Transport Carrier and logistically bringing the Carrier and the Customer together.
16. Smart Auto Move Inc. will not be responsible for demurrage at any Port Facilities.
17. By submitting your order online, Smart Auto Move Inc. understands you are placing your order and accept the terms and conditions (in lieu of your signature) found here and on Smart Auto Move Inc. website. By sending a faxed check to Smart Auto Move Inc. OR by giving your Credit Card information to Paypal OR one of our representatives to book your order with us, you are agreeing to all of these Terms & Conditions.
18. Customers must make their vehicle available during the transport time, if the vehicle becomes unavailable at any time after the order has been placed and a carrier has been assigned, Smart Auto Move Inc. holds right to cancel or reschedule the order and customers deposit becomes non-refundable.
19. The option to cancel a shipping order is available at any time, and deposits are refundable minus a processing fee of $25.00, as long as the order has not yet been assigned (dispatched) to a Carrier (transporter truck). Our services are considered rendered when a Carrier (transporter) is assigned to an order.
20. Smart Auto Move Inc. reserves the right to cancel a customers order at any time at which point a customer will receive a full refund.
Refunds will be processed within 48 business hours of the cancellation request.
Cancellation of an order must be submitted in writing via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Smart Auto Move, Inc. does not accept or honor cancellations made via phone call.
Once a Carrier (transporter) has been assigned (dispatched) to a shipping order, Smart Auto Move, Inc. notifies Customer via email (to the email address provided at service booking).
If Customer decides to cancel the shipping order after a Carrier (transporter) has been assigned (dispatched) and the shipper (customer) receives their carriers companies information by email, The deposit placed by the shipper (customer) will be deemed non-refundable, as our services have been rendered.
Neither Smart Auto Move Inc. nor its agents shall be responsible for the following:
- Damage to the undercarriage, exhaust system, suspension, wheel bearings, tie downs, brakes, alignment, tuning, charging system or battery. (No evaluation is made of these components or systems at pickup location) therefore Smart Auto Move Inc. or its agents do not accept responsibility for them.
- Damage not detected at pickup location due to poor weather or lighting conditions.
- Damage to car phones or antenna under any condition (suggests that they may be removed)
- Loss of or damage to audio or video equipment not installed at the factory. Including antenna that does not retract to within 3 inches of the vehicles body.
- Damage or fines incurred because shipper left personal or household items in the vehicle(s).
- Damage caused by fluids or objects flying up from the roadway, or out of the sky.
- Damage to cloth or vinyl convertible or decorative tops over 2 years old.
- Damage to T-tops, boots, bras, caps, or any other type of canvas covering.
- Damage caused by leaking fluids, such as battery acid, motor oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator coolant, or fallout resulting from acts of god.
- Damage caused by freezing of cooling system and/or battery.
- Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through from tie-down holes.
- Damage to, or caused by any vehicle that cannot be driven on or off the transport under its own power. (Vehicle will not run, or has lost its braking system).
*If you are paying via credit card once this form is completed you will receive a call from your Smart Auto Move registration agent to process a deposit.
Smart Auto Move, Inc. 4208 Six Forks Road. Raleigh, NC 27609
Cancellations must be made by Email to Accounts@smartautomove.com
Need Assistance Give
Us A Call
Or Use Smart Chat